Saint Joseph’s University is a private, Catholic, Jesuit institution and we expect members of our community to be knowledgeable about – and to make a positive contribution to – our mission. Saint Joseph’s University is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. The University is committed to the diversity of its faculty and staff so that our students, our disciplines and our community as a whole can benefit from the multiple perspectives it offers. The University seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. EOE Saint Joseph’s University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in its programs and activities, including admission and employment, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for overseeing compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws and regulations. To contact the Title IX Coordinator, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, visit Campion Student Center suite 243, or call 610-660-1145. To learn more about the University’s Title IX policies, the process for filing a report or formal complaint of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, or other form of sexual misconduct, and the University’s response to reports and/or formal complaints, please visit www.sju.edu/titleix. Inquiries may also be directed to the Federal agency responsible for enforcing Title IX, the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
The Associate Director of Building Maintenance (ADBM) is responsible for providing the initial facilities response to new facilities work orders. Exercising appropriate professional knowledge and care, the ADBM shall either address the issues or will ensure appropriate staff are assigned to effectively resolve the situation. The ADBM will also oversee building maintenance and all construction trade work. The ADBM shall provide day-to-day supervision and lead assigned staff including, but not limited to, maintenance mechanics, general mechanics, carpenters, and painters. They will perform and oversee maintenance and repair activities in order to provide continuous service, maximum efficiency, and minimal equipment failure; and will maintain all equipment in accordance with applicable codes and best practices.
- Develop and maintain programs, processes, procedures and routines for the operation, maintenance and repair of all University building systems including, but not limited to, roofs, masonry, windows, doors, paint, floors, and signage (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems are excluded); - Manage contractors and a staff of maintenance mechanics, general mechanics, carpenters, and painters; - Ensure all assigned staff and contractors work safely; - Develop and implement a professional development program for assigned staff; - Develop and implement comprehensive inspection and preventative maintenance program for campus building systems; - Develop, implement and maintain programs for parts standardization, equipment procurement and inventory control; - Manage the Facilities storeroom including, but not limiting to determining items to keep in stock and at what inventory levels, overseeing audits, ordering material as required, and managing all supply contracts and relationships; - Maintain all relevant records, logs and manuals for efficient operation, recordkeeping, and regulatory requirements; - Ensure assigned personnel and systems are operated sustainably; - Develop and maintain building system design standards.
- Assist other Facilities Management staff as required; - Manage and oversee emergency response activities when on duty; - Develop plans for replacement or upgrades to building systems that have reached the end of its useful life; - Provide support to Facilities Management on capital projects as well as on-going maintenance contracts including conducting building system design reviews;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management or equivalent work experience; - 10 years of experience in building maintenance, facilities management, construction management, or in construction; - 5 years of experience supervising staff; - Superior customer service skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills; - Knowledge and understanding of relevant local, state, and federal codes;
- Higher education work experience; - Experience supervising unionized employees; - Advanced degree, certification, or licensing in the fields of facilities management, construction management, or in the construction trades; - Ability to read construction drawings and develop cost estimates; - Experience in developing specifications and bid packages and overseeing contractors; - Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems;
- Must be able to sit, climb ladders, climb stairs and stand for long periods of time; - Position is considered “essential personnel” and must report to work during inclement weather; - Position is required to report to work to assist during emergencies and special events (power outages, weather emergencies, commencement ceremonies, etc.). - Position may be required to work extended hours during period of high volume/workload; - Position will be “on-call” to respond to emergencies during off hours. The “on-call” duty schedule requires the position to be “on-call” for a week approximately once every six weeks;
About Saint Joseph's University
For over 160 years, Saint Joseph’s University has been engaging men and women in a rigorous Jesuit education that empowers them to become leaders in their industries and communities. An expansive liberal arts curriculum that serves as a foundation for all students, combined with programs tailored to meet the needs of complex and evolving fields prepare students for all of their post-graduate pursuits. As a Jesuit institution, guided by a faith that promotes justice, Saint Joseph’s University educates for a higher purpose; service is central to the Jesuit identity, and students are expected to improve the common good by utilizing their skills and knowledge to promote tolerance, compassion and social justice.